Thursday, September 4, 2008

dirty jobs


OK so when the time came to clean up this mess, my husband quickly calls ,"I got the kitchen". Like you would do as a child gunning for the "not it" position in a back yard game of tag. I was feeling like I got the better end of the deal and carried him to the tub with outstreched arms so as not to futher spread the ickeyness. I was sucessful in not spreading icing all over the place and decided to put the other munchkin in the tub at the same time. All goes well and I take Asher out to dry off while Clair stays to play. She gets out of the tub without permission and comes running in the baby's room in her beloved hooded towel. At first I was frustrated with the sound of those feet hitting the floor but once she arrived and I saw the towel she was praised for remembering to not get water everywhere. Later go into the bathroom to pick up and the smell hits me before I reach the door.Not sure where the source of the smell is I check to see if the toliet was flushed and it was. I look in the tub and the water was all drained. My first tought was she is so good she even drain the water; and then I found the source. Not only had she used the tub as a toliet but thought she could hide the edivance by making it go down the drain. I have to give her credit for the attempt however the baby's bath seat was blocking the path to the drain. So instead of getting off easy with putting a few dished in the washer, I have to get all the stinking bath toys out of the tub and the monster baby tub and get out the bleach. I went to fetch the spray bottle from the kitchen and gave my husband a good thump for knowing that this would happen and once again getting out of the dirty job.

1 comment:

Donna Wright said...

I have a perfect picture of this taking place in my mind and it's cracking me up!!! Way to go Alex...taking the easy way out. Sometimes I wonder why all mothers ARE NOT alcoholics! Proud of those kids, Mama!