Sunday, June 29, 2008

watermelon dress


Today I wore the watermelon dress to church. This dress was a gift from my mother and she described it as a watermelon. I must admit I was doubtful about wearing anything that would make me appear to be a watermelon. After having spent a total of 27 months of pregnancy the last thing you want is to look like a watermelon. When I received the dress I felt it didn't look anything like a watermelon; there is no green on it and the "seeds" are white instead of black. The neck line did look a bit like a nice slice of ripe melon but otherwise I did not make the same association and loved the dress. I wore it for the first time today and as we are pulling out of the driveway to head to Church, my husband says to me,"Your dress looks like a watermelon".

1 comment:

Donna Wright said...

I love it! I bet you looked like a beautiful watermelon:) Few can pull it off, but you can!!